1 OBSCURE FOX: [[ V a l l e y Fiesta ]]

terrible unedited & unadulterated food reviews, personal life ventures; occasionally good music

Friday 22 August 2014

[[ V a l l e y Fiesta ]]

FRONT ROW!

UPDATED! Enjoy this long ass post.

*will upload more photos after i fix my phone


it was so crowded!


Trained to the Valley with Bess. The weather was so crappy- rain and cloudy, so dull. Looking around for the clothes swap place, but we asked the info people and apparently it was moved to Cloudland, we handed our clothes in;
Well, here's how it works:
  1. You find any 5 pieces of clothings; no matter how shitty they are- as long as it's not damaged- mind you- I chose shitty clothes lol.
  2. You swap that for 5 tokens
  3. At the end you pick 5 other clothes and redeem it
We came early and had to wait till 12pm. So we just walked around, went to the Asian grocers for fun. And we saw a place to get free henna tattoos so we did that. It was this crazy gypsy lady who was really nice lol.


Also, they were giving out free haircuts and neck shaves for men. LMAO. Also I got free red bulls.


Me and my friend decided we should go early for the best clothes. I saw a white AA tennis skirt BUT I didn't find it :(. So we just lined up and later we met up with my brother and his gf. We came in and it got really crowded VERY quickly. 


This is my swap-shoppe clothing haul. (Top L -> R)
  1. Boohoo dress-it's like pinkish beige. Size 7. Fits perfect.
  2. Sabo skirt dress- in M. I liked this dress (and the girl doing the folding was talking to me about it LMAO) but unfortunately it's too big for me :-(
  3. Minkpink cotton tank dress with leather panel in S. I like this. 
  4. "Infashion" White with navy Polka dot dress in M- a bit big for me around the waist but it's nice and a belt would probably fix that easily.
  5. Bling & chic. Pleated black skirt. Love thiss. Fits perfect.
  6. Ask grace floral dress. It has a tear on the side, but I love it and the length. It's actually size 12 but it fits fine.
There was this cool machine where you hashtag something on instagram and it automatically prints out that photo for you. Free photos!. AND also, free cocktails.


the lane







After my friend left so I had lunch/being the third wheel with Philip and Nadi. We ate at a small cute alleyway thing called Ben's burgers. The burger, IT was really good. But the chili cheese fries were really small for the price and tasted like nachos. I heard the vanilla milkshakes were good too, but next time!

violet green

We shopped around for a little while. And we were like "let's get free cocktails" because they were giving us raffle tickets inside Cloudland. We walked to the Empire, but unfortunately for me- being underaged- they were checking I.D's :( #fetuslife
SO they pretty much ditched me for a while, I went back to the wi-fi area. ANd then realised my phone is almost dead.

cute dog lol
We were watching a band in the main stage and there was this couple with dogs and me and Nadi just went up and started patting the dogs it was so cute ive never seen true happiness until yesterday omg it was so cute.
basenji set ;_;
LMAO we saw "Young Franco" and me and Nadi were fangirling bc he looked like James Franco so so much. And we took pics. 
Saw Basenji, we were at the front! RIGHT IN THE FRONT. And he didn't play "Dawn" until last, but it was cool. He's so cool. But he didn't even talk to his audience. There was this one song with like a water-effect synth and Philip did this really extremely hilarious dance move with his head. I. DIED. omg it was fucking hilarious.

awesome bucket hat swag
shhopppiinggg
There was a box named 'faulty' outside the cheap store and it was those Jap umbrellas and it worked perfectly fine so got that for free as well LMAO.





After we went to eat dinner at the Kwan Brothers. Which is this really cool interior designed Asian influenced restaurant bar in the Valley. The waitress was really helpful. The plates were really small and it was kinda expensive.


fried chicken

We ordered two small dishes (around $13 ea) and 1 large plate ($24) to share between 3 people. The fried chicken (Philip was supposed to say Fried chicken bao bao) but that was okay, bit salty, but I would have liked it with rice and also it was crisp so that's good. The charcoal grilled lamb ribs were nice- salty again, but still good flavours. And lastly the large plate which consisted of crispy pork with WATERMELON. It might seem a little obscure, but the flavours really worked- my favourite of all of them.

We danced to some Electronic music, and we sang along to Childish Gambino 3005 and so many people sang along and it was so so so awesome. Me and Philip slayed it. At this point it got really crowded. We caught "all-day" the Aussie hip hop rapper and a lot of people were singing along. It was good. But I wish I knew the lyrics. HAH. When it ended, the crowd left and we decided to stand at the front until Dan Sultan and the rest of the night so we could get front row for The Preachers. AND GUESS WHAT? IT WORKED OMFG

LMAO guy In background!
This drunk girl came up to us at the front, and was like "IM SO FUCKED ARE YOU" anyway, she started talking to us, taking selfies and she told us to add her on Facebook. AHHA she was so funny we became friends. AND she kissed me on the cheek ooh la la HAHAHA. She gave the security guard a high five. The security guard was so cool LMAO he took a photo for us, I knew deep down he wanted to laugh/smile. and she kept yelling random remarks when Dan Sultan came up. She disappeared to her friend. And OMG DAN SULTAN IS SO HOT WHEN HE PLAYS GUITAR. HIS FACIAL EXPRESSIONS WHEN HE SINGS/GUIATR SOLO. WOAH. HIS VOICE IS SO POWERFUL AND WONDERFULLY GODLIKE.





We stayed up front! AND IT GOT REALLYYY CROWDED but luckily we stayed.
The Preachers, man,. Just wow. OMg my life is changed. The lead girl- Isabella Manfredi (I had to look her up) OMG SHES SO HOT. YOU COULD SEE HER NIPPLES THROUGH HER SHIRT AND SO COOL> I WANN BE HER SHES MY IDOL. fucking omg shes so awesome. she's like hayley williams but w so much energy and even though her voice was broken it was so cool and mesmerising. I CAN'T BELIEVE WE GOT TO STAND AT THE FRONT, IN THE MIDDLE.
omg. i love her. i want a band.


and omg the guitar player who i just googled stalked- Gideon Bensen. is fucking perfect. when he went on stage i just wanted to marry him. he had like perfect dark hair and he looked so fucking cool effortlessly. reminded me of alex turner. AND WHEN HE SANG. i melted. esp "TAke a card". 5eva in love. omg hes literally perfection. Admittedly i yelled out "marry me!!" a couple of times- its not like anyone can hear me. My voice hurts from singing/yelling/screaming.
gah so cool best thing ever. 
danced my heart out to "is this how you feel?". feet hurt. was totally worth it


After it was all over we decided to go to Three Monkeys- a cool indie-ish cafe in West End. We ate so much cake to the point it was tiring. I ordered the cookies and cream cheesecake. Philip had the white chocolate and Nadi had a brownie. LMAO. IT was all $8. We should have all shared like 1 cake. You'd think you wouldn't get full but you're totally wrong. Even though it was 10pm at night the place was packed. Next time I'll try the marshmallow with cappuccinos in a bowl. BOWL. for 20c extra.
When I went home, I died. I was so tired. Today I woke up super late and felt really hungover. Yesterday was a hella great day. Clothes/food/music/freestuff. LOVE.


FATHER MY CHILDREN

anyway, bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments, feedback, compliments? non? oui?