1 OBSCURE FOX: HOW TO: HIGHSCHOOL

terrible unedited & unadulterated food reviews, personal life ventures; occasionally good music

Saturday 21 June 2014

HOW TO: HIGHSCHOOL

As a high school graduate. There would be things that i would do differently, learn from my mistakes you little chumps and listen up, these are my;

top 5 tips for surviving high school





  1.  STOP BEING SHY
Being shy was the number 1 barrier between social and schooling/academic life. I would never answer any questions in class or raise my hands. I wouldn't even say hello back to the people that said hello to me in middle school. My shyness has ruined so many wonderful opportunities. Life was better when I finally came out of my shell during senior year. Never be afraid to speak.

2. GET ALONG WITH YOUR TEACHERS

Apparently, this could mean a difference of an A and a B. Do it. Ask questions about school, the work, their life and be friends with your teachers. Be the teacher's pet and you will be rewarded. Make them favor you and be annoying as fuck. True shit.

3. MAKE THE MOST OF HIGH SCHOOL

Get a part time job, earn heaps of useless certificates, participate in all the events and activities, go to camps, be a school captain, join as many clubs and sports as possible. Make your mark.

4. ENGAGE IN LEARNING, NOT EDUCATION

Some people get so caught up in getting that A that you completely forget the purpose of school and worry about marks. Cheating is not worth it, guys. Don't do this to yourself and your peers, it's not worth it. Surprisingly, you may find some of the topics interesting and engaging, learn for yourself not others.

5. CHOOSE YOUR FRIEND CIRCLE WISELY

Your friends can have an impact on everything. Whether it's getting to the formal, being invited to the after party (frankly, my school didnt realyl have one), going to school (in which I didn't go), form study groups, and parties. They are YOUR support. By all means MAKE FRIENDS WITH EVERYONE.


If you are unsure about what you want to be when you grow up- it's totally normal, I didn't know what the fuck I wanted to do too LOL..
Most importantly - have fun, don't stress too much and avoid dramas. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments, feedback, compliments? non? oui?