1 OBSCURE FOX: How to: Transfer photos from iPhone to USB (mac users)

terrible unedited & unadulterated food reviews, personal life ventures; occasionally good music

Thursday 17 July 2014

How to: Transfer photos from iPhone to USB (mac users)



I spent ages trying to use iPhoto to save images from my iPhone to my MacBook (bad idea), but I found an easier way using Image Capture. I wish I knew this earlier because it would have saved me heaps of time. This is purely instructional.

  1. Plug in the phone using USB cable
  2. In the search bar thing (Spotlight) type in "Image capture"
  3. Once you open it up, you can select your device. (comes up automatically, on the left)
  4. Click on which ones you want and then you can change where you import it to i.e. downloads/pictures/desktop
  5. You can import one by one or import all
  6. OR. You can hold command and click
  7. Open up your USB storage device from your desktop and simply drag it in. Voila!
NB: That some USB storage devices are not compatible with mac so you have to reformat it. I had to do it to my hard drive and transfer all the files - on my other laptop - and then copy it again. WHICH is a pain, so make sure you do that first. Good luck, even though you probably don't need it because it's freaking simple as shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments, feedback, compliments? non? oui?