1 OBSCURE FOX: INFJ confessions Pt. 3

terrible unedited & unadulterated food reviews, personal life ventures; occasionally good music

Wednesday 7 October 2015

INFJ confessions Pt. 3

I CAN ALL RELATE TO THESE I HELPS ME UNDERSTAND WHY IM SO FUCKED UP AND COMPLEX



Any infjs feel like their dreams are more interesting than real life? i’ve always felt better when im asleep/day dreaming

I was wondering if any other INFJs feel this strange when someone asks you how you are and you know from the sound of their voice that they want you to answer positively even though you aren’t ok but you tell them you’re great anyways because that’s what they want to hear. Also, I absolutely adore this tumblr and its ability to make me feel less alone in those small unextraordinary moments us InFJs seem to encounter.

I do *almost* nothing by accident. Every social faux-pas I make is to provoke, to prove a point, to start a discussion. I usually have good intentions, but still when I think about how much scheming my everyday affairs involve I kind of feel unclean. Maybe it’s not an infj thing though, maybe I just happen to have shitty personality traits.

Does anyone else save a bunch of INFJ stuff on your phone or laptop? For instance, I have a bunch of notes about several INFJ posts I’ve found on tumblr or facebook. I read them occasionally; it puts me at ease, and helps me understand myself better. However, I believe the real reason I keep them is because I’m hoping someone who is generally interested in me will find them– to use them as a “how to guide”, so to speak. Since, God knows I wouldn’t be able to explain myself to them.

I assume the worst of people so that when they prove me wrong, I feel intense love for humanity.

I sometimes obsesse over my thoughts, it’s almost like I’m addicted to thinking and I try so hard to clear my mind but I can’t, thinking so much gives me panic attacks. Maybe it’s an INFJ thing, maybe it isn’t, but I’m sure I can’t be the only one.

i feel so terribly ignored or unappreciated. I try to do so much for other people and i help them with all their problems but they can’t even reply to me if i try to talk to them. and if i say “i need help, please can i talk to someone, i feel terrible” it’s as if i’m entirely invisible to everyone. i know this is just a form of infj pity or something like it, and i hope it’ll pass over soon, but it really gets me that there’s this imbalance of care between me and my friends

Someone asked what are some evil things INFJs do. Well. We can destroy people. Our high intuitive ability is a gift, but it can also be a curse. When someone has hurt me bad enough. I am not afraid to emotionally destroy them. And the ability to pick up on their biggest fears and weaknesses in only a short period of time of meeting them can get quite scary. I feel like the INFJs main focus, although we ARE selfless, is to protect ourselves. We love helping, but will do anything to survive.

Not sure if it’s an INFJ thing or just me but I find that socializing exhausts me to the core. Even when i’m with my friends, after a while I just get so tired of talking and listening that I slowly lose interest. Whenever i go out i wish i was back home, alone and curled up in bed

Sometimes I feel like being an INFJ made me into a sheltered, scared person. I love being an INFJ, but sometimes I could do without the constant overthinking and overanalyzing. Although undiagnosed, I feel like I may have anxiety because of it.

Sometimes I become unsure of myself because I’m able to adapt so well in situations. And I want to do everything, learn everything and be a master of all of them. I’m so emotional but also detached. It’s like both extremes on different sides of the spectrum all at once. I have to accept that I am like water, fluid and unbreakable.

I get this instant feeling/vibe off of people the minute I meet them, as if I suddenly know everything about them and whether or not they’re being genuine. I try to tell my friends about this or warn them about certain people/situations but they never believe me or follow my advice. I usually end up being right and it’s frustrating that they don’t listen.

I try my best in life just like everyone, but when facing even slight criticism, I feel crushed and offended. I start to question my own worth in other matters too and it takes time to recover and regain self-confidence. Is this a common trait among INFJs?

I am always overthinking everything. I can never tell if i am exaggerating my problems or not.

I feel like I edit myself depending on who I’m with. If I can’t figure someone out, I say nothing, because I don’t know who I’m supposed to be around them.

I really hate it when people act fake around me because I can tell so easily when someone is acting a part, but I feel like I’m the most fake one of all. I tend to tell people what they want to hear and I always want to be the happy and sweet person that no one would ever think has a huge mental struggle going on every second.

Idk if this is an INFJ thing, but I’m just tired of looking at the same places and seeing the same faces every day. Driving the same routes, talking to the same people, being cooped up in the same house. Tasting the same foods, listening to the same music, hearing the same voices. Arguing with the same people about the same things, repeating the same words and phrases, without getting anywhere. I hate this fucking town and all of these meaningless routines that everyone seems to be addicted to.


Every day my mind is churning… I’m guided by pure emotion and ‘gut feelings’, yet logically understand why things are the way they are. It’s like I can relate to small fragments within everybody, but never have had the deep, fulfilling connection that I crave so badly with one person alone. I escape into my thoughts, observing every face I see deeply and fully while wandering through life hoping to somehow ease the pain I see slipping through their comfortable facade.

t’s so difficult to be an INFJ sometimes. While I’m generally very happy with myself as a person, I hate how difficult it is for me to make friends. While I’m very friendly when spoken to, I often don’t think to initiate conversations and find it overwhelming to do so in large groups. I am so blessed in the fact that I have a twin sister who gets me in every way, and I feel for any fellow INFJs who don’t have that one person in your life who accepts you entirely.

advice to other infjs: take a break. stop worrying about other people. care about yourself as much as you would your friends/family. be self-centered, be confident! don’t be afraid to ask or fight for what you want. we all need to take a break from glorifying others and start glorifying ourselves, because we are the most passionate, helpful, and serene people out there. so please do yourself a favor and act like you’re the best out there, and take a break from helping others and help yourself.

Sometimes when I’m going through a painful experience, the emotions will hit me so hard that I will feel physical pain in my chest, or I’ll get a headache.

do any other infj’s get super emotional when watching sad videos or things of that nature? like so much that you have to stop because it hurts too much as if whatever’s happening in the video is happening to you?

It’s weird because I’m both super warm and people instantly feel comfortable around me but at the same time I’m intimidating and have a detached appearance that comes with a resting angry face.

Confession: I hate it when people I care about don’t talk to me about their feelings. But then I remember, I don’t talk about my feelings either and that makes me feel such a hypocrite.

I don’t know if this is an INFJ thing but i feel like no one knows me. I show every person I interact with a different side of me. It’s overwhelming when I’m in a group of people because I don’t know what side to show, so I just shut down and stay quite. Its so aggravating because I just want someone to connect with and truly understand me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments, feedback, compliments? non? oui?