1 OBSCURE FOX: INFJ confessions Pt. 2

terrible unedited & unadulterated food reviews, personal life ventures; occasionally good music

Wednesday 7 October 2015

INFJ confessions Pt. 2


  1. The better I know you, the louder I get
  2. I feel that as an INFJ everything has to have such an insurmountable significance. A break up can’t just be a break up- it has to mess with my head and redefine my whole concept of what love is and how it is supposed to be. It makes it very hard to live in the moment and be easygoing about life. I worry about how I’ll ever become a happy person with this burdensome point of view.
  3. I can be extremely dangerous if I’m angered. people think that infj’s are sweet and too soft but I think every infj has another “side” that harbors extremely toxic, menacing, and gruesome emotions.
  4. When people tell me about what they’ve done and experienced I often find myself bored and then feel guilty about it. But I’m just not very interested in concrete experiences - I’m interested in what they mean to you, what they do to you, but only few people tell their stories on a deeper level, in a broader context. I’m interested in you, but I’m not interested in what kind of ice-cream you ate.
  5. I feel like my whole mind is divided into two different parts. At some point I love being different and I want to help everyone. But I also feel so lonley- It’s almost like I am the only person who sees beauty of the world and potential in others, but noone wants to see potential in me.
  6. I have to pretend like I don’t have detailed memories of certain people so I don’t creep them out once they realize how close attention I’m paying to them. Like what color shirt my friend wore when we met 
  7. Do you ever have these moments when you realize how small and insignificant you are in the grand scheme of things and you marvel at how strange it is to be alive? it’s hard to explain but it’s kinda like intensely romanticizing the moment you are experiencing wether it’s good or bad. I think that’s why I’m constantly nostalgic and it’s agony.
  8. The world can be a scary place and its even awful to look at sometimes. Yet our description is claiming that we are supposed to protect this world? No wonder us INFJs can feel lonely, depressed or down. But remember fellow INFJs, if you are feeling like that, you aren’t alone! There are so many other INFJs here who have your back. Cheer up, and be strong. We are gifted to be incredible. The world can be a beautiful place as well, so go out there and see for yourself - try to find your happiness!
  9. No matter how many “good” friends I have, I am never anybody’s first choice.
  10. i always find myself building up a situation that i really want to happen. when i really want to see a friend, i’ll get really excite about seeing them, and if i don’t get to see them as planned and i end up upset over my own happiness.
  11. I’ve always cared so much about the people in my life. I text them to check up on them, call them, and just remind them that they are amazing for getting through the trials in their life. I almost feel like a therapist for it. What’s incredible is that they are always touched. Some will cry from my wisdom and support. I do love them dearly but… When will someone care about me in that same way? I deal with a lot of mental issues and yet I’m getting by all on my own it seems. It hurts me.
  12. Being an infj means a lot of things for me. It means being falling too deeply and never being loved with the same intensity back. It means never being fully understood by the people I love. It means spending so much time sorting through which emotions are my own or the ones I absorbed from others. Personally though, it means I can’t honestly trust anyone. I’m always wondering what their ulterior motives are, or starting a countdown of when they’ll leave or betray me. Anyone else get what I mean?
  13. We, INFJ’s, must remind ourselves that, as lonely as we feel, we are singular. We are visionaries. We are dreamers. But we are also doers and achievers. We are uniquely cursed, but we must not let who we are be a curse. We must turn it into a strength. We are gifted children.
  14. NFJs are not innocent. Their empathy is very strong but not a given. They eat breakfast with
  15. angels and dinner with the devil.
  16. Can any INFJ relate? When you’ve met someone and felt ‘The Connection’, even if it had only been days or short weeks, you can’t seem to have the ability to explain, or describe what you feel towards that person. It’s not just that strong platonic love. It’s not just romanticised love. It’s not just family love. It’s fiercer than that. It’s all those three and all other feelings smashed into one swelling chunk of.. I don’t know.. Is there even a definition for it? It’s so huge it’s overwhelming. 
  17. Sometimes my friends will ask me to hang out and I’ll say yes even though I really don’t want to. Mostly because I know that if I don’t, I’ll see pictures of how much fun that they had and will get angry at myself for needing be be alone all the time and I’ll think that they wouldn’t have had as much fun if I was there. 
  18. Does anyone else just wrack their brain and wonder why they build walls around themselves? I don’t know why I don’t let myself get close to people. It’s like I want the comfort of knowing I have friends to be there for me, but I don’t want to hang out or do things like that. I know it’s not fair for anyone involved. Maybe I don’t deserve friends. 
  19. Being an INFJ is truly a curse and a blessing. Its a blessing because we are able to see through people like glass and decipher their true intentions with ease. But it is a curse because on the other side of the token, we are so sensitive that we are often times our own worse enemy. We are harder on ourselves than we need to be. It would benefit all of us if we stopped feeling sorry for ourselves and realized that we are just as worthy as anyone else. 
  20. “Why?” is my favorite question. 
  21. For years, I’ve had a craving a haven’t been able to understand or explain, but I think I’ve finally figured it out. I am craving someone who truly understands me. Someone who will look at me and say “I don’t care what you say, I know you’re not fine.” I have so many amazing people in my life who understand bits and pieces of me, but no one who truly gets it. How is it that INFJs, who understand other people so well, can’t seem to find anyone who understands them back? It just doesn’t seem fair. 
  22. I feel I absorb personalities too often. If I am obsessed with a character or a person I unknowingly adopt their mannerisms and thoughts to the point where I need to be alone from all people just to find myself. Hell, it can be something as silly as a TV show and if I watch it too much I embody some of their characteristics. Do any other infj’s have similar experiences? 
  23. I feel that I’m constantly helping others but I don’t know how to help myself.
  24. The reason why INFJ’s feel angry/depressed is because: 1) We need to stop expecting so much because our Ni plans everything in our head. 2) We need to stop molding ourselves to fit other people’s needs because it’s only going to make us more hurt. 3) We need to challenge ourselves by doing things out of character, things that we’re uncomfortable with. 4) Standing for yourself doesn’t mean your rude/bossy it means that you’re strong enough to say hey this isn’t right and this is who I am.
  25. Sometimes my self-awareness causes me to feel fake. “I know why I’m doing what I’m doing. Does that make it less authentic than someone who doesn’t?”
  26. I love too hard and I dream too big. I crave attention but shy away from the spotlight. I love to love but I hate the heart ache. I feel everyone’s pain but no one seems to see mine. But, that’s okay, I don’t want any help; all I want is acceptance.
  27. When you are friends with Extroverted people for a long time and you kind of live off of that energy (a kind of freedom) and the social anxiety begins to go (even just a little bit) but they all of the sudden leave your life and that energy begins to disappear and you begin to miss it and yearn to have it back. Sometimes I miss the person that I am when I’m around certain people.
  28. I’m constantly thinking of the future, so that I can be prepared for it. As a result, I take things to the extreme where I think of almost every possible outcome. When something unfortunate happens, I already know what consequences I have, and I’m stuck on it. I feel like no one can help me, because when I ask for advice - 9/10 times I already read about it from other peoples’ detailed experiences, or thought about it, so I feel like I am trapped. No one can help me, but myself. It hurts.
  29. INFJs seem to be serious on the outside and rainbows/butterflies on the inside, but I see it more like a Hot vs Cold thing. I appear to be colder than death if I dont know you, but after you know me, I’m like a fire in the winter keeping you warm.
  30. I’ve heard INFJ is the rarest type of course, and it seems that a lot of people think I ‘understand them better than anyone else’ or are ‘more trustworthy and a better friend’. The problem is that I feel like I am more a counsellor and shoulder to cry on, because I don’t feel like they understand me or try to get to know me. And this makes me pretty scared that I won’t ever find Someone and get married.
  31. I crave stability. No matter how small or frivolous it seems. It could be something as small as doing things in the same order in the shower. It doesn’t matter. In my crazy mixed up stressed out anxiety ridden mind, I cling to stuff like that. I need something concrete like that that I have control over. In a weird way it keeps me sane.
  32. I think how I act changes with the people I’m in. In my favorite class, full of quiet people and the best teacher I’ve had, I was outspoken and shared my opinions. In my least favorite class, full of noisy jocks and a ditzy teacher that encouraged their immaturity, people forgot I existed. I think my voice balances with the ambiance.
  33. I feel like I’m wasting my summer. I haven’t really gone out very much and I’ve noticed that I’ve started to make excuses so that I can cancel plans with people. But God, being alone is so much simpler. It exhausts me when I have to explain things or get people to understand my thoughts, so in the end I don’t even bother trying. Even texting someone feels draining to me. I just wish people were capable of understanding my way of thinking. Other people are mentally and physically exhausting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments, feedback, compliments? non? oui?