1 OBSCURE FOX: Ondam Korean Cuisine Review

terrible unedited & unadulterated food reviews, personal life ventures; occasionally good music

Saturday 5 September 2015

Ondam Korean Cuisine Review


Went to the newly opened Odam for lunch on Saturday (to celebrate exams) with some friends. I'm usually not a big fan of Korean food. (I don't enjoy kimchi- yeah suE m3.).




It is just a small casual outdoor area with a roof with wooden tables and black metal chairs and some plants. There was only us (and a couple) sitting next to us.The menu was around $15 for a main.


The sides were a small serving of kimchi and this flavourless jelly-flour-water block with seaweed.
The dishes arrived fairly quick and THEY WERE HUGE. Giant. Filled with lots of food.

We obviously got destroyed.
 OK I'M NOT KIDDING WHEN I SAY HUGE. THE BIGGEST SERVINGS EVER. A MEAL FOR GIANTS.


I ordered the crispy pork cutlets with rice. ($13.80). There was a lot of meat and one bowl of rice. I couldn't finish all the chicken. At first I'm like ?? Isn't that Japanese katsu curry?! But it isn't. The meat is the same. It was indeed very crispy and crunchy. But the sauce was not curry, it was a sweet-sour BBQ sauce which made the chicken less crispy. Too much sauce I think. At the end I just got tired and it was very SWeet and SouR and..The salad dressing was some sort of apple puree which was pleasantly different but weird. It would be good if something there to mute the amount of flavour I was tasting. Besides the gigantic plates and serving of food, the quality of food is quite average.

Beef dish.

Edited.
Overall, very generous servings, reasonable prices (a bit on the expensive side for subpar Korean food) and expect to get very, very full.
3/5
Click to add a blog post for Ondam Korean Cuisine on Zomato 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments, feedback, compliments? non? oui?